Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's a Small World...

I just came back from Taiwan last week. Went for a tour round Taiwan island with my friend and her niece. We went from Taipei - Hualien - Taitung - Kaohsiung - Taichung and back to Taipei.

Guess who I met there? Mr. Mey and his family! It sure is a small world. Here's a photograph that I took with him.

When I told some friends that I was going to Taiwan for a holiday, some of them said that they had been there and Taiwan was not that great a place.

Funny... I had a good time there. Food was good. I especially enjoyed the beef noodles and sweet taro balls. And I loved eating the local fruits, especially persimmons. There was also this fruit - I don't know its name - a cross between the custard apple and pineapple. It tasted simply delicious. :)

The Taipei International Floral Expo 2010 was awesome. I did not have time to visit all the pavilions. Here are some photographs that I took.

All in all, I had an enjoyable time in Taiwan. I did a few things that I wouldn't normally have done - like setting off Kong Ming lanterns and going for a few theme park rides (at the tender age of 57, duh!)

By the way, I picked up a few more Mandarin words... :p

I paid RM2899 for the tour. I'd say that the money was well-spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment