Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Memories...

MEMORIES

As we go through life,
we generate memories for ourselves of people
and events that have positively influenced us. These
memories are powerful
and can bring us comfort and happiness
when we think of them.

They serve us very well as situations change
or people are no longer in our lives.

Wouldn’t it be nice to think
that other people’s memories of us
are also positive, and give pleasure
when we are not around?

(Soul Food - Recipes for a Happier Life)

I was invited to a gathering of old SDBL students on 7th August 2010 (which coincidentally happened to be my 1st year retirement anniversary). I was their Form Six Chemistry teacher 16 years ago. Below are some photographs which my son took.

All of them are now about 46 years of age. Most of them married, with children. Quite a number of them have put on some weight. One or two are starting to have receding hairline...

Time really flies. But I can still remember very clearly the times I spent with them as their Chemistry teacher. They were hardworking and disciplined, ever willing to attend extra classes. I enjoyed teaching them. Classes were fun, full of laughter. But there were a few scary moments – an accident in the laboratory, when a broken pipette went into a girl’s face; a few times when frogs went hopping happily around the class and I screamed. Hehe...

To be invited to their gathering, I guess I must have created some positive memories for them. I know that some of them follow my blog and so I take this opportunity to say, “Thank you for remembering me. And thank you for the beautiful memories that you have given me. God Bless.”

No comments:

Post a Comment