Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mr. Lian Meng Fatt's Retirement Dinner

An-nyung-ha-se-yo! (Greetings)

I was in South Korea when Miss Siew messaged me: Mr. Lian Meng Fatt’s Retirement Dinner, 23.04.2010. Fortuna. 7.30pm. Please reply, joining or not.

Straight away I replied: Yes, I’ll be there.

Mr. Lian was a very hardworking and dedicated teacher. Of course, I want to be there to wish him “Happy Retirement!“

It turned out to be more than just a retirement dinner. It was also a gathering of old SMS teachers. There were many retired teachers. They retired long before I went to Munshi. Retired principal Mr Lee Chang Ngee also came along. And then there were teachers who are now teaching in other schools (like Ms Kang and Pn Chua).

Of course, the present batch of SMS teachers turned up, full force. I saw new faces among them and I was introduced to the new teachers.

Good food. Laughter. Catching up with old friends. It felt great, like a gathering of one big happy family.

Below are some photos that I took:









I asked Miss Siew, “When’s the next gathering?”
She replied, “Next year. Pn Wong’s retirement.”
Looks like the school will be losing another hardworking and dedicated teacher……..

Anyway, since I have just come back from South Korea , I would like to share some photos that I took while I was there.

Click here to view my South Korea photo album

Retirement life is simply awesome. So what shall I be doing next?

Well, in May, I’ll be going to KL to watch the musical “West Side Story” at Istana Budaya. Then I’ll go with my children to Tasik Kenyir for a few days.

In June, I’ll be going to Shanghai for the much publicised 2010 Shanghai Expo.

And then, in September, I’ll be going to Melbourne to spend some weeks with my daughter. While there, I’ll also pop over to Sydney and Tasmania .

As one teacher recently said to me in his sms... Seronoknya!

No comments:

Post a Comment