Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm Back!!

Hello everybody. I’m back in Batu Pahat after an enjoyable week in Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Terengganu.

Watching West Side Story at the Istana Budaya was great. Hehehe… I had a hard time controlling myself – felt like singing along when the performers belted out songs like Maria, Tonight, I Feel Pretty, etc. Too bad the cast did not give any encores. While watching Mamma Mia last year, the audience sang along during the encores!!! Some of them were on their feet, practically dancing!

I also had a very nice time at Tasik Kenyir. The Tasik Kenyir Resort and Spa offered many activities. My children and I enjoyed ourselves – swimming, boat cruise, climbing up to a waterfall and bathing there, cycling and kayaking. If we had stayed for another day, I would have tried to do some fishing. Wonder what is used as baits? Worms? Ugh!!! Food at the resort was expensive, and there wasn't much variety either. Most of the guests ate out during lunch – there were two shops just nearby which offered good food and delicious keropok lekor. Prices were reasonable.

On the way back to Kuala Lumpur , we stopped by Kuala Terengganu and wandered around Chinatown . We found a small nonya restaurant (Madam Bee) and had our lunch there. It’s located just opposite the Ho Ann Chinese Temple that was burnt down. The food was delicious. I had nasi kerabu (blue in colour) while my children had Sarawak laksa and nasi lemak, This restaurant serves good bubur chacha. There was a donation box at the restaurant – collection to be used to rebuild the Ho Ann Temple. So we gave a small donation before we continued our journey back to Kuala Lumpur .

Well, I am back in Batu Pahat and guess what? I just received a phone call from Ms Siew. Another farewell dinner?

In my earlier blog, I had commented on Pn Wong’s retirement dinner – to be held early next year. Looks like I spoke too soon! She has been transferred to another school! Pn Wong is one of the best SPM BM teachers I have ever come across. Her lessons are lively, class control excellent. She marks her students’ books so meticulously, and makes sure every student passes up his book. She’d always manage to produce a lot of A’s from the best Form 5 class. As Guru Kanan Matapelajaran (GKMP), she carried out her responsibilities very well. Also, she does not take sick leave (when sick, she’d go to the clinic during her free periods).

All the best, Pn. Wong. Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment