Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri

Only 4 more days to Hari Raya. I went to school this afternoon and found the office all nicely decorated to reflect the festive spirit.

I was just thinking . During the puasa month, Muslim teachers in Munshi must be having a harder time than those in other secondary schools. Especially those teaching in the afternoon session. I can imagine.....towards the end of the day - already hungry, thirsty and tired - and having to go inside those classes where the students are noisy, unruly and who do not want to study!!! Luckily school starts and ends earlier. :)

Speaking of fasting, I am a Catholic. In my religion (as with all religions), there are three things that need to be done - prayer, fasting and almsgiving. To me, almsgiving is the easiest and fasting the hardest - anyone noticed that I normally take leave on those days that I have to fast?? Like Ash Wednesday and Good Friday?? (^_^) (that's only 2 days in the year, mind you... compared to the entire month of Ramadhan...)

So here's wishing all my Muslim friends "Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri".
I am sure everyone is looking forward to a nice, long break.....
To students who are going to sit for the PMR, SPM, and STPM....study hard!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment